1. The Chairman of the Council is the rector to review the main issues of the Guliya State University (hereinafter - the University) and hold its meetings.
2. The Council carries out its activities on the basis of the Regulations on the Council of the University on the principles of primacy, the rule of law and collegiality.
The main tasks of the Council
3. The main task of the Council is to unite the efforts of the university community in the following activities:
- implementation of the national training program, provision of quality bachelor's and master's degrees on the basis of modern pedagogical technologies and computerization;
- The goal of higher education is the training of specialists with excellent knowledge, skills and skills at the level of state educational standards.
4. University Council:
- considers the strict implementation of state educational standards, curricula and programs in accordance with the National Curriculum and defines recommendations and priorities for priority issues;
- Academic, research and spiritual-educational work of the faculty, academic lycee at the university, reports of the selection committee, reports on the activities of scientific laboratories at the university, as well as the need to provide marketing services to graduates in the national economy and cooperation with client organizations, decision;
- discusses issues of research, spiritual and educational work, advanced training and retraining of teaching staff and takes appropriate decisions;
- Confirms the annual and perspective plans for the development of the university, discusses the results of material and financial and economic activities and takes an appropriate decision.
- Solves issues related to the opening or disadapting of faculties and departments, as well as issues related to the launch or suspension of training specialists in new bachelor and master's specialties, taking into account the proposals of marketing services;
- holds competitions for the positions of teachers and teachers in accordance with the Regulation "On the procedure for recruiting teachers to higher educational institutions";
- examines documents of professors, applicants wishing to obtain the degree of associate professor, and presents the scientific title to the Higher Attestation Commission of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the established order;
- discusses and defines measures that allow students, faculty and staff of the university to be fluent in English and develop basic computer skills and Internet access skills;
- discusses the issues of providing the educational process with textbooks, the preparation and publication of a new generation of textbooks and teaching aids, as well as educational and methodical complexes based on innovative educational technologies;
- Recommends independent candidates, candidates for doctoral and doctoral studies, approves their individual plans and topics of dissertations;
- recommends internships for gifted students and teachers and teachers for internships at foreign universities through the "Istedod" Foundation;
- Recommends students of universities, including masters, candidates for the state scholarship of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the State Scholarship Contest;
- in cooperation with the Foundation "Healthy Generation" develops physical training and improves the health of students;
- The main client discusses the development of corporate partnerships with organizations, enterprises and institutions, strengthening the material and technical base and improving the quality of students' qualifications, and also develops recommendations for their improvement;
- determines measures to improve the safety and security of labor of students and university staff.
5. The Council has the right to review any matter within the jurisdiction of the University and requires collective action.
6. The Council consists of the rector of the university, vice-rectors, heads of departments and department heads, the head of the teaching and methodical department, the university center, the directors of the branches, the chief accountant of the university, the chairman of the women's committee, the consultant, the deans of the faculty, the head of the trade union committee, the school "Youth Union" and the director of the academic lyceum at the university. The term of office of the Council is 5 years.7. The composition of the council is confirmed by the order of the rector of the university. At the beginning of each academic year, new members are selected or added in the appropriate order, rather than being removed from the Council for various reasons. Source: Resolution "On the Council of the University", approved by the Opinion of the Council of the University No. 1 of August 29, 2018.