President Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed a decree “On the state program for the implementation of the action strategy for the five priority areas of development of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2017-2021 in the Year of science, education and the digital economy".
According to the decree, in 2020, branches of leading higher education institutions will be opened in the regions, including those located in the city of Tashkent, to organize training in popular areas of higher education.
Also, starting from the 2020-2021 academic year:
• The number of subjects that are not related to the main specialty is halved in higher education institutions;
* Parameters of the state order for admission to higher educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of the state grant are gradually doubled.
• In 2020, at least 5 higher education institutions will be selected on a competitive basis, and measures will be taken to transform them in cooperation with prestigious foreign universities.
• Starting from the 2020-2021 academic year, students of higher educational institutions of the Republic are given the opportunity to pay for training at least four times in equal shares during the academic year.
* Also, responsible ministries and departments, together with local khokimiyats, organize professional training courses for single and large women, the unemployed, and young people who need daily life, in particular, in sewing, cooking, hairdressing, and other areas.
* In 2020, laboratories in the field of information technology and software development will be established with the involvement of internationally recognized leading IT companies in potential higher education institutions.
* Also, with the participation of domestic and foreign experts, training programs in the field of information and communication technologies and the digital economy will be revised, providing training in such areas as information science, big data, and artificial intelligence.
* Also, in the state program, the responsible Ministry within a two-month period provides for making proposals to the government to create a system of support and incentives for persons with international certificates in the field of information technology.
* Provides for state reimbursement of expenses for persons who successfully passed the international certification exams in the field of information technology, expanding opportunities for education in higher educational institutions of the Republic that have an international certificate in the field of information technology.
• From 2020 to 2021, a phased distance learning program will be introduced as an experiment at the Muhammad al-Khorazmiy Tashkent University of information technology, Tashkent state law University, and Tashkent state pedagogical University.
Ministry for the development of information technologies and communications, justice and higher and secondary special education until August 1, 2020:
* the procedure for implementing the form of distance learning is determined,
* a hardware and software complex is being created;
* the distance learning platform is being implemented in the educational process of the respective universities and is equipped with the necessary equipment.
Also in 2020, fundamental and applied research in areas such as mathematics, chemistry, biology, and Geology will be intensified, and measures will be taken to create all conditions for scientists.
In order to ensure the active integration of science with production, the mechanism for allocating targeted grant funds for fundamental and innovative research will be radically revised by September 1, 2020.
In the small hall of Gulistan state University, a solemn ceremony of awarding a doctoral diploma to Kamola Abrorkhanova, a native of the village “Navbakhor” of Mirzaabad district of the Syr Darya region, was held. The defense was opened and led by University Professor R. Makhmudov. Kamola Abrorkhanova studied at the pedagogical College No. 2 in Gulistan, and studied for a master's degree and doctorate in the direction of "primary education" at the Nizami pedagogical University. Early in the morning of may 1, 2020, as a result of the collapse of the Sardobinsky reservoir, Kamala Abrorkhanova's family also suffered heavy losses. For liquidation of consequences of the accident at the reservoir sardobinsky our dear President four times visited sir-Darya region.
On may 15, 2020, Kamala Abrorkhanova participated in a conversation between the President of our country Shavkat Mirziyoyev and the affected residents in Mirzaabad district.
Doctoral student, 3rd year Kamol Abrochnov noted that he had completed his scientific research on the subject” Improving the pedagogical foundations for educating primary school students in the national spirit based on an innovative approach."
The graduation ceremony was attended by the rector of the Tashkent state pedagogical University named after Nizami Alisher Umarov, Chairman of the Higher attestation Commission under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan Ahmadbek Yusupov, rector of Gulistan state University Muhsin khodjiev, Vice-rector, scientific Director of the Nizami pedagogical University, doctor of pedagogical Sciences, Professor Barno Abdullayeva, Deputy khokim of the Syrdarya region Otabek Nosirov, doctor of biological Sciences, Professor Hazratkul Karshiboev, a University lecturer talking radostinov.
Chairman of the Higher attestation Commission Akhmadbek Yusupov solemnly presented Dr. Kamola Abrorkhonova with the diploma of doctor of science. Speaking at the conclusion ceremony Kamol Abrochnov expressed gratitude to the distinguished President of our country Shavkat Mirzieev, supervisor, teams of school ¹ 17 Mirzaabad district pedagogical College ¹ 2 of the city of Gulistan, showing great concern for the development of science and young people.
The twenty-five-year-old new doctor of science was presented with valuable gifts and flowers of the regional Khokimiyat.