Department of scientific-research activities and pedagogical staff
Head of the department: Sabohat Sharapova
Telephone: (0367) 225-36-45
History of the department
- The Research Department has been functioning in the university structure since the establishment of the higher educational institution. In 1992-1995, the Scientific Department was headed by A. A.Posilov,1995-1999. Sh. Majidov, 1999-2002. F. Musurmonkulov, 2002-2010. A. Aralov, 2010-2013. H. The Askarov was as the head of the department. Since 2013, the Research Department is headed by Associate Professor of the Department “Technology of primary processing” Turdikulov Toirkul Turdikulovich.
- The scientific-research activities and pedagogical staff department includes a basic doctoral program, post-graduate program and an independent research institute, a master’s program, a “Council of Young Scientists”, work with gifted students, and a student scientific society. In its activities, the department manages the organization of research and scientific and pedagogical work of the university. Together with faculties and departments, it identifies gifted students, studies and monitors their activities in the scientific direction. Organizes the work on the admission of research personnel to the Institute of Postgraduate Education of the university, and also sends candidates to the Institute of Postgraduate Education of higher educational institutions of the republic. Directs employees, interns, researchers and students conducting research work to continue their research activities in higher educational institutions of the Republic. Organizes scientific-theoretical, scientific-practical conferences, seminars of the University and national level, directs the conduct of scientific events of the university, subject Olympiads, viewing competitions. Supervises the activities of student scientific societies, “junior schools” established at the departments.
- Scientific activity in the specialties and majors at the faculties and departments of the university is carried out with the participation of the teaching staff, talented students and attracts talented students of the university, members of the student scientific society (academy), the student design bureau, the “Junior School” at the departments to scientific activities.
- Thanks to the practical assistance provided by the scientific department in conducting research, more than 60 researchers have successfully completed the defense of their dissertations. Currently, the University has 19 postgraduates in the basic Doctoral program (PhD) and Doctoral program (DSc) in 13 existing specialties.
- 12 masters are being trained in 4 areas of the reorganized Master’s program.
- On the basis of the “Regulations on the competition of gifted students” developed in the department, work is being carried out to identify gifted students, select candidates for scholarships from state and foundations in the field of education, and organize the activities of “Junior schools” that unite young scientists, teachers, students of departments.
- In accordance with the annual and long-term plans of scientific research, scientific conferences of local and international scale are held annually. The conferences discuss current problems of the education system, socio-economic and spiritual-educational life of the republic, agriculture and national economy, the development of science and technology, and their solutions.
- The traditional scientific and theoretical conference of professors and students, held annually in April-May under the leadership of the scientific department, is attended by an average of about 600 students, more than 300 professors and teachers, more than 100 advanced teachers of educational institutions of the region.
- International conferences were attended by representatives of research centers and higher education institutions in France, Germany, Japan, Belgium, the Netherlands, the United States, Australia, India, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and other foreign countries. In the period from 2000 to 2017, the University was visited by representatives of about 150 countries in order to develop scientific and educational issues.
- Currently, Gulistan State University operates on the basis of established partnerships with the universities of Göttingen, France, Grenoble, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Spain, China and research centers under the Russian Academy of Sciences, as well as with Moscow and St. Petersburg State Universities, Astrakhan Agricultural University, Tyumen State University, international organizations ICARDA, ICBA, IWMI, IPGRI and a number of other educational and scientific centers. The university also hosts exhibitions and competitions on the topics of education, upbringing, scientific research, spiritual and moral education, elegance and other issues.
The level of provision of the university with scientific personnel
Training of scientific and pedagogical personnel at the university is carried out through the junior school organized at the department, the student scientific society, the Institute of postgraduate education, headed by the scientific department.
- Ø The university has 17 doctors of science, more than 88 candidates of science, 24 doctoral students and independent researchers, more than 190 teaching staff who conduct research in various fields of education, economics, agriculture, production, literature and art. In the period 2000-2017, the University defended 11 doctoral and more than 60 PhD theses. In 2017, 1 Doctor of Science (DSc) and 1 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) dissertations were defended. The prestige of the university and the effectiveness of the quality of education depend on the scientific potential of the departments and the nature of the research work carried out. In this regard, an analysis of the potential of the teaching staff of all departments was carried out, measures and measures to increase their scientific potential were identified, a list of those who defended their doctoral dissertations in 2017-2021 was developed and discussed with the rector.
Scientific-research activities of the University
- Ø Scientific-research work at the University is carried out in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 16, 2017 # -4958 “On further improvement of postgraduate education” and the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan of April 20, 2017 # PP - 2909 “On measures for the further development of the higher education system”, by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 2, 2017 No. 2909 “On implementing the tasks defined in the resolutions of the board and the orders of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education, adopted on the basis of the May Resolution No. 304 “On measures for further improvement of the system of postgraduate education”.
- Ø The cooperative cooperation of science, education and production allows us to manage innovative and technological development, ensure the strategic goals of our country and ensure free competition in all areas. This, on the one hand, contributes to the dynamics of the development of science and technology in our country, and on the other hand, ensures the development and modernization of scientific and technical production.
- Ø According to the results of the research work carried out at the university, at the “republican fair of innovative ideas, projects and technologies”, held on May 10-12, 2017 in Tashkent, more than 25 innovative developments of the university were presented, economic contracts worth 92 million soums were signed with production enterprises.
- The Ministry of higher and secondary specialized education, the Academy of Sciences, Agency for science and technology of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Presidium of the Council of Federation of trade unions of Uzbekistan, the Central Council of the youth social movement “Kamolot” in order to support the interest of young people in modern equipment and technology, development of creative thinking and creative abilities in 2017 on the organized Republican contest of innovative ideas of young people “Young leaders in agriculture, “young teacher of the department” “Ecology and Geography” Kenjayev Aziz took part in a practical project on the topic “Agrobiotechnologies that increase the fertility of saline soils” and was recognized as the winner of the review competition.
- Currently, the university has more than 60 faculty members, young scientists, postgraduate students, masters and bachelors who effectively continue research work on 10 scientific projects (8 practical, 1 applied for young scientists and 1 innovative) for a total of 563 million 456 thousand soums. The status of project implementation is systematically discussed at the Scientific and Technical Council, and the decisions of the Scientific and Technical Council are summed up at the Academic Council of the University with their consideration. Also, the calculation and control over the financing of projects and their spending is carried out by an accountant allocated for research work.
- By Gulistan State University there were completed scientific-research works in the amount of 83,5 thousand Euros in the frame of 574055-EPP of the European Union Erasmus +(Tempus) program -1-2016-1-in the period from October 15, 2016 to October 14, 2019, for a period of 3 years, as a partner in a grant project with a total funding of 250.4 thousand euros, in 2017, research works were carried out.